Fertility Boosters for Her
- Attain and Maintain a Healthy Weight. Though this is easier said than done generally, many women can attain and maintain (or at the very least work towards) a body weight that is healthier by adopting healthy exercise and eating habits. Regardless if a woman is underweight or obese – both can make it hard to conceive. To help reach your ideal body weight, it is a great idea to consult a fitness coach, doctor or a nutritionist.
- Reduce the intake amount of alcohol and caffeine. Most experts on fertility suggest keeping caffeinated drinks to a bare minimum. Although alcohol in small amounts will not make it harder to conceive, it is best to completely avoid alcohol if you want to become pregnant. The reason for this is that alcohol can harm a developing baby, even if the mother is not aware she is pregnant.
- Reduce Stress Factors. The truth is that a large number of women trying to conceive actually work against their bodies by becoming stressed each month that they are unable to become pregnant. In fact, most experts in fertility will agree that you CAN try too hard; the best idea is to relax, take it easy and even get a massage if needed.
- Choose wisely when it comes to lubricants. There are many vaginal lubricants made using spermicides, but even those that aren’t made with it are not the best when trying to become pregnant. We recommend Conceive Plus or Pre-Seed as they are both “sperm friendly” lubricants, designed to be used while trying to get pregnant.
Fertility Boosters for Him
- Quit Smoking. Many women are aware of the need to quit smoking when trying to conceive, as cigarette smoke is harmful to the baby. Yet studies also show that smoking can impact a man’s sperm potency.
- Take Cold Showers. Ironically, the same advice used to stop arousal, is great advice for men trying to father children. The truth is that hot shower and bath water slows down the motility of sperm. On the other hand, taking cold or cooler showers can make the conception occur sooner. In addition, it’s a good idea to keep your testicles away from other sources of heat also.
- Boxers or Briefs. The age-old question actually matters when it comes to a man trying to father a baby, according to fertility experts. What they say is that wearing looser garments, like boxers, can increase your chances of getting her pregnant sooner. While some experts do disagree with this theory, no one suggests it will hurt to try.
The tips listed above are only a few of many potential lifestyle changes that may help you conceive. If you find yourself having troubles conceiving a child, especially if this has been going on for more than six months, contact a doctor to provide you with personalized advice.